What's happening at the home of Gentles remote camera control
March 2018: Social Media Use
After a review of Social Media providers, at a board meeting of Gentles Limited this month, we have decided to withdraw from Facebook by July 2018.
A full copy of the last post on facebook which detailed the reason for leaving is summerised here:
- Excluding the most recent annual submission to UK Companies House, records show that Gentles Ltd paid more Corp'n Tax than Facebook. Whilst legal we don't think this is moral.
- Recent alleged behaviour regarding Cambridge Analytica happened in the UK, but the CEO of Facebook wont appear in person to the investigating UK Government committee.
- There is a history of apologies from Facebook over the years. Whilst we appreciate this is a new technology, with "growing pains", there are only so many "sorrys" you can accept.
- Issues with data privacy are alleged to be known about for 5 years, so why is the problem still there, why did it take The Guardian investigation to give it a voice?
- At the recent Congressional hearing the Facebook CEO calmly admitted to harvesting medical data. My understanding of this is that under European Law I have a right to absolute privacy regarding amongst other things my medical records and sexual orientation. Actively collecting sensitive data, and repeated privacy violations are happening at the same time, I find this deeply troubling.
- A new front appears to be opening regarding the speed of removal of fake adverts on Facebook, who profits from these adverts, and whether Facebook is the publisher.
Given the huge number of issues above, whats the plan for this, and is it credable?
We will continue to use twitter
, but are relying ever more heavily on email and relationships.
We would ask you, when considering which Social Media Companies to join and use, to take into account the companies contribution, or lack of it, in the widest possible sense.
Sep 2017: Support for SBUS
ALL OF A SUDDEN, our remote camera controllers for Sony
and 12 different electrical
for shutter release
can use PWM, SBUS1 or SBUS2 for easier integration into your remote camera rig.
SBUS: MORE channels for better control,
LESS cables to cross the gimbal.
Jul 2017: Improved MULTI Connectors...
Good news. More options available on Sony MULTI interface
connectors to suit YOUR gimbal.
RIGHT and LEFT facing plugs now available.
Sep 2016: Improved RC Remote control for RED Cameras
Good news is more RED cameras are supported all the time,
but they dont have a common interface.
Our new ROLL/standby product operates with all RED cameras
by simply moving a link to change its personality.
One product for all RED cameras.
Jul 2016: Support for ARRI Alexa ROLL/STANDBY
ROLL the ARRI when ready to shoot, NOT before the props start. Make post-production happy, make the flight footage count.
Uses one RC PWM channel to start and stop recording.
Mar 2016: lancSTUDIO camera control products
Introducing our range of LANC products designed to increase the capablity of LANC systems:
- Control products like ATOMOS or TASCAM recorders even when the camera doesn't use LANC
- Allow choice of recording combinations (on and off camera) without re-cabling between shots)
- Allow 2 LANC cameras to work together on a BRIDGED LANC
read more about
and the possible applications
Dec 2015: January Sale: 40% off all Sony Camera Products
The 2016 January Sale is focused on our highly successful products supporting Sony Cameras.
From the flagship gentWIRE-MULTI
, was £100, sale price £60,
through the gentWIRE-FOCUS
, was £58, sale price £35,
to the cost effective gentLED-SHUTTER
, was £15, sale price £9,
and products for timelapse like gentLED-AUTO
, was £31, sale price £18
If your remote controlling a Sony camera this is the first place to look
for the largest choice, all with 40% reductions.
Order quickly for prompt dispatch, we're expecting to be busy this month!
Happy New Year from the
gentLED & gentWIRE Team
Sep 2015: New Promotional Videos
Exploring perspective and infinity with M C Escher using our
RC products gentLED and gentWIRE
for low level aerial photography. Watch the 1 minute video.
We have also refreshed the home-page video with new material.
Watch the 2 minute video.